16 Photos that Sum Up the 2016 Reebok CrossFit Games
The 2016 CrossFit Games concluded with Mat Fraser and Katrin Davidsdottir clinching the titles of the Fittest Man and Fittest Woman on Earth, respectively.
After Games Director Dave Castro threw new challenges including the Snail, the Plow, and jump ropes with weighted handles at the contestants over the week-long competition, two withstood the ultimate test of strength and endurance.
Fans from all over the world descended onto Carson, Calif., to experience the action. In addition to the individual competitors, athletes from Masters, teens, and teams divisions competed in the ultimate CrossFit competition.
Even if you weren’t lucky enough to watch the action live in person, we’ve got the week’s best photos for you!
1. People from all over the world gathered in Carson, Calif. to watch the world’s fittest
2. Despite the heat, the crowd in the Tennis Stadium at the StubHub Center came out to support athletes in full force
3. Before events in the StubHub Center even commenced, the competition went on location to Hermosa Beach and the Ranch in Aromas
4. For the second year in a row, athletes completed the hero WOD Murph
5. Emotions ran high
6. The desire was visible on athletes' faces every time they took the floor
7. New equipment proved a challenge for many
8. Some even fought injury to stay in the competition
9. The Separator was a fan favorite event ... for the athletes, maybe not so much
10. Love was in the air when two CrossFitters got married on the competition floor
11. Despite five days of competition and 15 events, spirits remained high
12. And effort exceeded 100%
13. Athletes supported their competitors in ways only seen in the CrossFit community
14. Fan favorite CrossFit Mayhem Freedom emerged the Affiliate Cup Champion for the second year in a row
15. Mat Fraser was crowned the Fittest Man on Earth
16. Iceland's Katrin Davidsdottir repeated as the Fittest Woman on Earth